Wellcome Research Fellowships in Humanities and Social Science
The Department of Modern Languages and Cultures at the University of Liverpool is delighted to invite applicants to the Wellcome Research Fellowships in Humanities and Social Science scheme, which offers postdoctoral positions providing salary and research expenses for up to three years. The department has identified key areas of activity within the Wellcome remit and is seeking to support applicants who contribute our key areas of research excellence. Its vision of research excellence within Modern Languages is founded on expertise in interrogating transfers across cultural boundaries – be they national, social, ethnic, linguistic, or disciplinary in nature – in order to contribute to and lead research projects that work with an explicit awareness of and directly problematise language use beyond the Anglophone world.
The department particularly welcomes applications in the following areas:
- health-related projects in developing world contexts, with a particular interest in Latin America, Lusophone Africa, China or India
- disability studies in film, literature, or culture in a modern languages context
- multilingualism and language policy in health, with a particular interest in linguistic landscapes
- linguistic and cultural aspects related to the key challenges posed by an aging population, dementia and care for the elderly
- the creation and circulation of health-related knowledge through print and digital culture in a modern languages context
- the history of science and medicine in plurilingual or pluricultural contexts
- interpreting and translation services in health
- the cultural sociology of translation in health
Further information and contact details at this link.